Thanks for stopping by!

I look for interesting details of the wedding market and report on them here. I have traveled the country this year speaking with many photographers about everything from workflow to marketing... Everyone I met was willing to participate in a meaningful way to the discussion of market trends. That showed me that you are all very passionate about the business of wedding photography! I will continue to report on trends here as I see them come up in the industry. Please bookmark my blog, pass it around to friends and of course comment on what you find here! Thanks for visiting my blog, I appreciate your time! Putting together a new blog over at http://jbrides.wordpress.com/ so will be slowly transitioning to that!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

2007 Wedding Statistics

Knowing your industry is key to making your business successful. Recently I subscribed to The Wedding Report, which gives you some great insights into the industry as a whole and specific information for your city.

Here are a few statistics that may be of interest to you:

2,290,578 :: Number of estimated weddings in 2007
$14,250 :: Average budget for weddings in 2007
$27,690 :: Average estimated consumer spending for 2007 weddings
17 Months :: Average time the couple will be engaged
81% :: Say they will use the use the internet to help plan their wedding

The online wedding market worth over $7.9 billion.

How much of that is going to be yours and how will you market to get the brides that you do get?

Make sure you website is up to date with your freshest work!


Statistics taken from The Wedding Report


I am finally back home after a trying week of traveling from Denver to Portland ME!

No comments: